Vaccination Campaign chief of operations General Ith Sarath confirmed that there are currently more than 100,000 vaccination cards in Phnom Penh which people have not yet picked up from the location of their inoculation.
Gen Sarath said that vaccination cards are now essential for daily use as authorities are enforcing vaccination measures before entering public and private places.
“I urge people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 with the military doctors to please hurry up and get their vaccination cards at the places where they have been vaccinated in the past,” Gen Sarath said.
He added that the Defence Ministry has now put in place a number of measures to encourage vaccinated people to get their cards by posting their registered name and phone number on ministry’s Facebook page, making announcements on local media and sending an SMS to the registered phone number to alert people to pick up their card.
More than 800,000 people in Phnom Penh have been fully vaccinated by the army among more than one million people who have at least received their first shot, he said.
He said that people who had been vaccinated with the army in Phnom Penh should contact the military police in the districts where they had been vaccinated to obtain a card.
He said that so far in the capital and in eight provinces, military doctors have vaccinated more than 2.7 million people and the ministry has produced more than 2.2 million vaccination cards already.
He explained reasons for the delay in the production of vaccination cards is due to data transmission problems and data retrieval of vaccine administrators with some confusion or lack of required data to be exact.
According to the report of the Defence Ministry’s vaccination team, more than 80,000 people have been inoculated in the past two days.
Gen Sarath said that the ministry’s Covid-19 vaccination team launched a new campaign to vaccinate people in Phnom Penh on October 11.
“We are responsible to vaccinate people living in Phnom Penh in six districts including, Meanchey, Dangkor, Kamboul, Por Senchey, Russei Keo, Tuol Kork and Sen Sok,” he said.
He said the booster vaccination process went as planned without any hindrance.
“If people lose their vaccination card or lose their vaccination form, they can report it directly to the vaccination team and they will verify the information in the system if any information is found in it for them,” he said.
In another development, Siem Reap city district governor Nuon Putheara on Tuesday evening told local media that nearly 50 restaurants among 200 in Siem Reap are now allowed to reopen for dine-in food and beverage services for customers.
Putheara said that he led a joint working group to hand over the licences to three restaurant owners, and that prior to the issuance of the licences, the food service owners were ready to comply with the standard requirements.
He said reopened restaurants in the context of Covid-19 must ensure safety measures will be respected and comply with inspections and evaluations of the multi-provincial working group, including specialised officials from the departments of tourism, health, telecommunications and environment.
Siem Reap Provincial Department of Tourism director Ngov Sengkak said that when reopening, the restaurants are required to implement the 3 Do’s and 3 Don’ts measures which are effective to combat Covid-19.
He added that the vaccination certificate is also an important tool for building trust between service providers and customers.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry yesterday reported 272 new cases, bringing the total number in the Kingdom to 115,607. Of the new cases, 25 are imported and the rest are linked to the February 20 Community Event.
The ministry also announced 15 new deaths, bringing the total number of fatalities to 2,559.
It also recorded 494 new recoveries, bringing the total number to 109,296.